Friday, January 11, 2013

Why Blog? Why Now?


Preface:  Today is January 11, 2013.  Last night I began to look at an online Bible study I am about to start.  As part of the program, you are asked to write about the observations you make from the assigned verse of the day.  After, you are asked to write about and apply that verse to your life.  The focus is Luke; Chapters 1-8. 

I have stumbled a lot over the last year, and I am looking forward to a fresh start as 2013 gets underway.  I don't know if anyone will be interested in this blog, but if someone is, and it can be beneficial to someone in some way, then perhaps I WILL be making a difference.  I hope that by sharing life experiences, and the way God plays a part in them, I will keep my focus on HIM. 

I assigned myself 3 goals for this Bible Study. 

1. Become more devoted to Christ
2. Look for my path in life
3. Embrace what God does for me daily

I have since the day I was born, attended the Serena United Methodist Church. I have always acknowledged God in my life.  The last year has brought be closer to God, but I'm not where I want to be; in Christ or in life. 

My Dad battled cancer for over 5 years.  As I began to plan a wedding, his health changed day by day.  With 6 months to go before our big day, Matt and I changed our wedding date and allowed ourselves 2 months to bring this life event together.  9 days before our wedding day, we once again changed the date.  Matt and I were wed in my parent’s living room in front of our parents, my brother, my grandparents and 2 friends.  It didn't matter that our planned 300 person wedding was now a private wedding made for 12.  It was perfect...my Dad was there.  He sat up for the ceremony, and watched as Matt and I said our vows and gave our commitment to one another.  2 days later, God carried my Dad home.  Matt and I continued to prepare for our planned wedding date that was just 6 days away.  Before the doors were opened and my brother walked me down the aisle, I asked my Dad to allow me a tear free day.  Even though my heart ached, the day was beautiful, and no Kleenexes were needed. 

God has been my strength and my guiding light through all of that, but I'm just not where I want to be yet as a Christian. I struggle looking for insight and guidance for my future.  I hope that this Bible study, that I am preparing to start, gives me guidance to my future.  I hope I will see the path God wants me to travel in order to be a better person, and in turn, a better Christian.  I hope that I will continue to Blog to share God's word and to benefit myself and others along the way.

WALK BY FAITH WITH ME...LET'S SEE WHERE WE GO...

No comments:

Post a Comment